About the finance department
The Finance Department provides quality financial support and advice in pursuing the University’s stated goals. Her particular concern is the provision of strong financial leadership, sound professional advice in all aspects of financial management, and the achievement and maintenance of a high quality service in all aspects of the University’s financial activities.
Participation in the entire spectrum of management accounting work within the university. Working closely with other members of the management accounting community, the role provides principal managers with useful information to improve their decision-making, planning and control. The job holder is responsible to the Finance Business Partner and as part of the team ensures that high quality financial data is made available to the departments within the university.
This position is offered on a permanent contract
This is a full-time position
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their resume and a supporting statement detailing how they meet the essential criteria outlined in the advertisement. If we receive a strong candidate field, we may use the desired criteria to select our final shortlist. Therefore, if possible, attach your evidence.
The exact responsibilities of the role depend on the part of the university that the role supports and may change over time.
- Creation of management accounts for various directorates;
- annual forecast of income and expenditure;
- Maintenance of the personnel files of the institution and reconciliation of the personnel files between the information systems of the university;
- Provision of ad hoc project and analytical work in support of the relevant directorates or university level projects associated with the role;
- Act as the first point of contact for all financial matters and deal with a number of inquiries from Directorates associated with the role;
- Supporting the preparation of future annual budgets for the directorates associated with the role;
- providing proxies for other roles within the management accounting community;
- Supporting the development of processes and tools for use within the management accounting community.
- Compliance with King’s policies and procedures posted on HR websites;
- learn and apply appropriate professional standards in all aspects of work;
- Comply with any reasonable request from a supervisor to perform work of a similar level not covered in this job description;
- Flexibility to move between different parts of the organization using standardized tools and approaches.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive and the job holder must assume those duties and responsibilities that can reasonably be expected given the scope and level of the job.