Is the EB-5 Investor Visa Right for Me?
Citizenship by investment
If you’re an investor looking to start a business in the U.S., there are a lot of types of visa you can consider. You will be aware that a successful enterprise depends on decisions you make right at the start—and most often you have just one chance to get it right.
So how can you be sure that the EB-5 investor visa is the right way for you and your family to come to the U.S.?
What Are the Benefits of the EB-5 Investor Visa?
Although a number of immigration visas are suitable for you, the EB-5 visa is particularly good as it is a green card visa. So it is that when you are approved you and your family will enjoy:
- The same benefits given to every other United States resident.
- Unrestricted access to the U.S. (for both business and personal travel)
- Unlimited residency in the U.S. (no renewals or re-application requirements)
- Freedom to live and work anywhere in the country
- Potential to run or own your own business anywhere in the nation
- Permanent green cards for you and each qualified member of your family
- The ability to attain legal U.S. citizenship after five years of residence
Who Qualifies for EB5 Visas?
Any foreign national can qualify for EB-5 through an investment in a qualifying new commercial enterprise that creates ten jobs for United States Citizens or Permanent Residents. If the new commercial enterprise is located in a Target Employment Area (TEA), the investment amount can be $900,000, rather than the $1,800,000 that is required in any location outside a TEA.
Most of our clients select a USCIS-approved Regional Centre as their qualifying investment. However, as an alternative, the investment may be made in a new commercial enterprise established and operated by the investor. In your free consultation our legal team, they can thoroughly review these alternatives with you.
Do You Qualify for an EB-5 Investor Visa?
The EB-5 investor visa requires that the beneficiary invest a considerable amount of his or her funds into a U.S. business. Our Eb-5 lawyer explains that there are two ways of fulfilling this obligation:
- Direct Investment – Investors who choose to create a new enterprise, purchase an existing business, or reorganize a former business into a new entity must invest a minimum $1,800,000 into the commercial venture. In cases where the existing business is located in an area of severe unemployment—150 percent of the national unemployment rate—the investor may invest $900,000.
- Regional Centre Investment – Investors can also finance a business in an area that has been designated by USCIS as having an especially high need for economic stimulus. The minimum investment in regional centre businesses is $900,000.
For either of these forms of investment, you will be responsible for creating at least 10 full-time U.S. jobs as part of your visa commitment. At the end of your two-year conditional residency, USCIS will evaluate your business and determine if you have invested the full amount of capital, and created the required number of jobs. If you have fulfilled the terms of your visa, you may apply to remove the conditions on your visa and enjoy unrestricted access to the U.S. with your permanent green card.
How to Apply for an EB-5 Visa?
As the investor, you may submit your own petition for an EB-5 visa to USCIS. However, you will also have to submit a number of documents, records, and other vital paperwork before you may be granted approval. Many applications are denied the first time they are reviewed because of a lack of sufficient evidence to support the beneficiary’s application.
If you want your investment visa application approved as quickly as possible, you should have a trusted EB-5 lawyer review your petition and help you collect the necessary evidence for USCIS approval.
Why Residency Invest?
Residency Invest are specialist in immigration visas, globally. We have both legal & investment experts for US immigration visas and cover E2 visa applications also.
Our legal team has a 100% approval rating & will take you through the application procedure. Our step by step process
At Residency Invest, our eb-5 lawyer can help you throughout the application process.
Our investment specialist can advise you on how to invest your EB-5 funds. We help you find the proper classification for your business venture, and help you achieve your family’s goal of becoming permanent U.S. citizens.
In short, we are there with you & your family throughout the application process.
Contact us today at +44-203-958-4499
for more information, or to set up a consultation with an EB-5 specialist.
Our friendly and helpful staff is always ready to assist new client. Apart from our London Office we also have an office in Dubai.