Finance Director – Instant Start | Series A Fintech Start-Up | London / Hybrid
We are delighted to have been tasked with the mission of making renewable energy accessible to homeowners in the UK by one of London’s newest fintech start-ups. Our client is simultaneously tackling two major issues: the energy crisis and the climate crisis by making renewable solar power mainstream and affordable.
They are a small, fast-growing start-up, well-funded by a mix of venture capital funds and reputable angel investors, which have enabled them to build their team of experienced industry professionals. The company is technology driven and very ambitious – aiming to become the UK leader in this field.
The company has high-end offices in central London locations. You are dedicated to building a smart and diverse business and value diverse perspectives and approaches. Their offices are surrounded by restaurants, cafes and bars with easy transport links to all parts of London.
They have a flexible work culture and use Slack, Notion, and other online tools as their primary means of communication, meaning they can support hybrid and remote work when needed, and appreciate that no two days are the same and that every situation is different.
About the role
As Finance Director, you will build a diverse finance function in a high-growth fintech start-up, working closely with all departments (marketing, sales, operations, product and compliance) across the organization, taking existing finance processes to the next level.
They work closely with the founders, report directly to them and are an integral part of the fundraising activities on both the equity and debt side. You must be able to assert yourself and bring up constructive challenges where you feel it is necessary.
You must enjoy solving challenging problems and you must live and breathe the culture of the company and help maintain that culture across the company as we grow rapidly.
- Responsibility for the entire finance department including all core finance activities including reporting, financial planning and analysis, accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll, tax and financial administration.
- Delivering significant process improvements and automations as transaction volumes increase.
- Establishment of an internal finance team as well as management of outsourced auditing companies as required.
- Provide commercial support across the organization to ensure sound decision making on issues such as contracting, pricing and investments.
- Led the financial aspects of several debt and equity financing rounds.
- Development of an appropriate risk management framework for all aspects of corporate structuring, insurance, regulatory compliance and core business processes (in close cooperation with the Compliance Head).
- Attend quarterly board meetings.
- Be a culture champion across the organization.
- More than 6 years of experience in a finance function, including more than 2 years in a management position.
- 2+ years experience in hiring and developing teams.
- Experience working in a start-up/growth company.
- A financial qualification – ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Flexibility to lead in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong financial modeling ability.
- High level of organizational talent and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, curious and proactive in finding and solving problems.
- Driven to continuously learn, develop and succeed.
- A confident critical thinker who can engage in various problems and make both tactical and strategic recommendations.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Motivated by the development and support of others in the team.
- Experience working in a regulated business, preferably a credit business.
- Experience in raising outside capital and setting up financing structures.
- Experience in setting up financial processes in a start-up/growth company.
Salary: £100,000 – £120,000 + competitive equity
Start date: ASAP – Start date no later than the end of May.
Please contact Jack () for more information.
Please don’t hesitate to share this with friends of colleagues who might be interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ