Role: Financial Assistant – (6 months FTC)
Salary: £28,000 – £30,000 per year depending on experience
Application Deadline: Tuesday 2 May 2023 at 12:00 (we may close the position earlier if a successful appointment is made before this date)
Start date: May/June 2023
Type of contract: 6-month fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Location: Covent Garden, London
Application: Please submit a resume and cover letter (no more than 1000 words) showing how you meet the criteria for the position.
purpose of the role
This is a key role in the finance function. The role will support the finance function while collaborating with the broader operations and management teams. This will be a highly visible role with a wide reach throughout the organization, providing the right candidate with an enhanced learning opportunity and having a significant impact across the organization.
Our ideal candidate will be working towards a qualification and will be ready to learn and grow as the finance function undergoes a transformation and digitization programme, including automating processes and migrating to cloud-based systems.
You are self-disciplined, flexible, believe in excellent quality results, are a confident and friendly team player with a “can do” attitude and ability to meet deadlines.
As a systems thinker, this role will make a significant contribution to challenging the status quo when assuming role responsibilities. You are a versatile problem solver with the ability to drive results in a high-energy environment. You have a strong interest in constant performance improvement and are comfortable with change.
Ambitious individuals with proven analytical skills and intellectual curiosity will thrive and grow in this role. You enter the organization which is undergoing a period of transformation that offers a range of learning opportunities and grow with the changes.
- Process supplier invoices into the Exchequer system.
- Generate payment files
- Processing of any supplier inquiries
- Setting up new suppliers and, if necessary, updating the supplier accounts in the event of changes.
- Credit control and tracking support
Daily banking of sales receipts
- Capture receipts and resolve unassigned receipts with business, including nominal general ledger journals (receipts).
- Check account reconciliation.
- Own the nominal petty cash process
- Post the bank statements in the books.
- Inform the relevant departments of charges received directly into bank accounts.
- If you have any questions, contact the bank.
- bank transfers.
Support the monthly billing processes
- Other regular magazines at the end of the month.
- Reconcile specified balance sheet control accounts.
- Bank balance reporting
- Process employee credit cards
- Own monitoring and taking appropriate action based on communications received from the department, including financial mailbox/mail.
All other duties as appropriate and commensurate with the responsibility.
What we can offer:
- Occasional hybrid operation
- Right to 30 days annual leave per year
- perks at work
- Access to Togetherall
- Discounted corporate healthcare plan with added Perkbox benefit
- Training and growth opportunity
- Free language training for IH courses
Please note that if you are successful at the interview, all offers are subject to two satisfactory references having full rights to work in the UK, disclosure and a check by the Blocking Service and Police (if living abroad), which are deemed satisfactory by IH London.
We promote fairness and equality in our hiring and selection process. Our pre-selection and interviews are carried out by several people: Internal members of selection committees are informed about the company’s recruitment and personnel selection policy. Interview questions relate to the requirements of the job and are not discriminatory.
International House London’s key values:
Ethical, Inclusive, Innovative, Passionate, Professional