A high performing school association is in urgent need of a Finance Officer to join a professional team that needs the flexibility to meet demanding and complex requirements. The Finance Officer will support the financial function of the four schools using a new system (PS Financials) and the Finance Officer is expected to play an active role in the effective use of the system across the Association. Tasks include:
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Finance Manager (FM) in preparing financial reports for internal and external clients
- Ensure the integrity of the nominal book and provide monthly reconciliations of the bank and other key control accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with insightful commentary and analysis for senior managers and budget officers.
- Responsible for reviewing budget allocations, uploading them and staggering them on an annual basis to ensure consistency.
- To assist with government statistical returns, VAT returns, gift grants, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in finance, accounting or a related field. Professional certifications (e.g. ACCA, CIMA) are desirable. * Proven financial management experience, preferably in an educational or non-profit environment. * Extensive knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting and financial reporting. * Knowledge of financial software and MS Office, especially Excel. May consider temporary to permanent or permanent candidates.
Salary depends on experience.